Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Interview.. with Ileana Hunter

When I found Ileana's work after searching for original art on etsy,
I was so amazed at her talent, and her work.

Ileana is a graphite artist, living in the UK.

Enjoy ♥


1. Describe your art in 3 words.

Monochrome, clean, simple.

2. Have you been formally trained as an artist? Where/ by who?


No, I am completely self taught.





3. What are you most likely to get up to on a Sunday?

Out on a walk with my husband and white doggy, looking for books I haven't read yet, or on a windy beach in Norfolk looking for shells (I never find any!)

4. How long have you been creating your art?


5 years - I started very whimsically, while I was at Univerisity studying Psychology. And never looked back.









5. What inspires you to draw?


My own inner life, people and objects around me, simplicity.

6. Which of all the pieces you have created stands out most in your memmory, and why?

'Learn to Fly' :


I think with this one I've created a good balance between simplicity and complexity. And I can look at it without feeling the urge to pick it up again and fixing problems - always a good sign!

7. What is the best part of being an artist?

I have the luxury of being myself.




You can see more of Ileana's work here
Or email Ileana : ileana.hunter@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment